Translate

Sunday 11 October 2015

More pieces for the Causeret collection!

Hello, I'm alive. I recently received the most gorgeous Elisabeth Causeret Pottery from the lovely Pepper (of Mitchymoominiatures), which is also very convenient because I have little to blog about at the moment, and probably won't until after Christmas. We're having very dull weather here in N.Ireland at the moment (what's new?), so photos have been lightened up so that you can see them. Pepper was at Miniatura this Autumn and asked if I needed anything.....which I did.......

























Pepper surprised me with this little flower pot, I love the detail around the rim! It has a little drainage hole too, so your miniature plant won't get root rot!



And some cushions I made recently, all of the fabric is from Little Trimmings

And that's me away for another little while... I have quite a few miniatures in the making at the moment. If I post about them half finished, I may not finish them, new rule for myself, I'm too good at leaving cliffhanger endings to my miniatures on occasion. I'm sorry to say I haven't been great at keeping up with everybody's work at the moment either, and I am going to be working on some things for Pepper, which I will post about as well, once they are in her possession of course! Very much looking forward to the Pepper project actually! So until next time...

Hope you enjoyed the lovely work of Elisabeth Causeret!
Thank you Pepper! :)

27 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, it's always nice to read from you and I always enjoy the work of Elisabeth Causeret! Your pieces are so beautiful, it's great that Pepper got some items for you and even got you a little gift, it's lovely! Haha, we don't want no miniature plants with root rot :D. I think your cushions are just perfect, very neatly done (haven't been able to get any that nice and perfect). I'm curious to what you're working on and look forward to it with patience. Until the new year then, and I guess a merry christmas in advance is in order ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a big secret Monique!.......... :D Hopefully by Christmas, it'll be a Christmas present for you all, though only visual I'm afraid :D

      Delete
  2. What a good choice of Elisabeth's collection! I too love her work.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Genevieve. I'm thrilled to have so many, after coveting them for so long :)

      Delete
  3. always pleasantly seduced by the pottery of Elizabeth
    your cushions fit nicely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, it's so good to hear from you :D! Just like you I'm a huge fan of the potterie of Elisabeth Causeret, your new purchases are gorgeous. How sweet of Pepper to suprise you with the flower pot, indeed it has a beautiful rim.
    Your cushions are absolutely gorgeous. I especially love the fact that the fabric has such a tiny dessin, which makes them also wonderful and realistic.
    I hope that you won't let us wait too long for showing us your newest miniatures, I'm sure it will be special like all miniatures you create. Have fun, take your time and we'll see your new creations when you're ready for it :)!!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ilona, hopefully by Christmas, Pepper's pressie is front of the queue, then the other miniatures will hopefully make it by then too.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous pottery! I'm excited to see them in a mini scene!! Your pillows are beautiful.....and the corners so pointed. Making my mini pillows with sharp corners are the bane of my existence. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty, I know I wanted to photograph them in a scene, but unfortunately it;s just too dark! Damn this climate :D I'll have to do a tutorial someday to show how I get those corners so pointy! All it not as it seems :D

      Delete
  6. Love Elisabeth's pottery, I've got some pottery from her myself; haven't seen these however, they are beautiful, good choice!
    I like your pillows too, such nice small patterns, perfectly in scale.
    Good luck on the Pepper mini's and hope to hear from you again soon!
    hugs,
    Gee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gee, I'm very happy to share them with everyone, there aren't enough images of her work online :)

      Delete
  7. Quelle belle collection ! Les poteries d'Elisabeth, sont superbes. J'ai la chance de posséder les petits pots "gris et bleus", farine ...
    J'aime beaucoup vos petits coussins !
    A bientôt Sarah !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah,
    How nice to see the treasures that Pepper found on your behalf. My favourite is the lidded casserole in one of the first pics.
    We are noticing the shorter days and more rain. We had such a lovely summer it is such a shock now it has truly become Autumn.
    All the best.
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! It's so impressive when mini pottery looks like it has real-life weight to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A few more fair visits and you'll have a full house =0P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful clay pieces! I already admired the ones on Pepper's table.
    Enjoy all.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfectas, que más decir de ellas. Feliz semana:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooh what wonderful pottery. I love the fabrics you chose for those gorgeous cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Que preciosidades . Muy buena adquisición !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, my name is M.Arta.I`m here for the first time, I like your work very much:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so impressive when mini pottery looks like it has real-life weight to it.


    หนังซอมบี้

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your collection. Looks like you have antique collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :)