Translate

Friday 23 December 2016

Christmas house decoration, Free Printable



Hello, Just a quick mini printable before Christmas! This is a scaled down version of a lovely french card model that was posted on flickr by Patricia, this little house is called Chalet Suedois. I absolutely love her Flickr site, and have made up quite a few of the models she has very kindly scanned and shared.

I made this tiny card model a few years ago, but decided to put a printable of it up, which is a little different from that shown above. I've now put yellow in every window, so that anyone who doesn't want to cut the windows out will have the "lights on" in the house. I also darkened the colours in one version. I've printed neither of these new printables, but I hope they'll be ok...its almost Christmas Eve, no time, no time :D

The snow is a mixture of bicarbonate of soda and glue, with some glitter mixed in for sparkle. I'm afraid I have no ratio for that, it was a bit hit and miss as I remember.... and a few layers of it as well. 

...there are also no instructions per se, I'm hoping anybody that prints them out will be able to figure out what goes where, though I've a few pointers ahead. Oh and the finished one should help out if needed, I hope. I'm not one for tabs, but I've put a few in anyway. Just play around with it! You can do it! :D



Unfortunately my Christmas tree lights are broken and this isn't as pretty as it could have been...

Don't forget to score these and crease accordingly, I remember being stumped by this briefly.. One wall higher than the other? Oh I see....(refer to finished model). That is the balcony floating above the wall, and goes on the front of the house above the door.




And that's everything in the printable, a base, two rooves, the main building, the gable ends and two chimneys (which I wouldn't bother with :D), oh and a tiny fiddly balcony too.  Those arrows are everywhere that needs creased, do not cut! This is the dark version in this image. It's basically a fancy Putz house that you can add more to as you see fit.

You can remove the smaller roofed building so that it can be placed further back on the large roof, or just leave it as is.



Links to both printables below!






Well this was a bit thrown together and last minute, as I'm sure you can tell. Have a great Christmas!

Sarah x

18 comments:

  1. Muchas gracias y Feliz Navidad!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas, Sarah and a Very Happy 2017 too! : D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Sarah, wishing you and yours a fabulous 2017 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Sarah, and best wishes for 2017!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this beautiful house
    merry Christmas
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you too! Gorgeous house!
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muchas gracias, es muy bonito.
    Feliz navidad

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet little house. Thanks for the share! Happy New Year!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since I have just recently found your blog, and have enjoyed your past posts, I was happy to see this new post! Adorable tiny house! Wishing you a wonderful 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Çalışmalarınız çok güzel. Benim blogumu
    Ziyarete beklerim.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for one’s Good posting! I enjoyed reading it, I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great writing, have a nice evening! keeping this website

    Table lamps in punjab

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for Sharing. Looking Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for some other informative web site. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal way?
    Renovations in Richmond

    ReplyDelete
  14. Prices for the Argumentative Essay
    Fair prices are affordable for any student.
    Pleasant discount policy encourages people to become our returned customers edusson .
    Prices are lower than at competitor's websites, quality and successful multi-year experience make us the leader of the market.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Informations !
    This project comes when the surge of people to Lahore has been profound. Liberty Lands Lahore Thusly, it is basic for city coordinators and land developers the equivalent to work indivisibly to ensure that a proper balance can be kept up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :)